The British Military Tournament 2011 will take place at Earls Court on 2, 3, 4 December.
The British Military Tournament is an unforgettable and breathtaking opportunity to marvel at the skills and precision of the British Armed Forces while showing appreciation for our heroic servicemen and women. Set within a dazzling arena production, this unmissable show is the largest display of military theatre anywhere in the world.
Last year’s event brough together all of the best elements from the world-famous Royal Tournament in a new show for the 21st Century. It was witnessed by over 50,000 people and raised substantial funds for ABF The Soldiers’ Charity.
This year the British Military Tournament is being presented by ABF The Soldiers’ Charity in association with The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity and The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund. This spectacular new tri-service show for 2011 is packed with an incredible array of exciting displays and traditional, breathtaking crowd favourites.
The focus for this year will be on the story of ‘the special relationship’ between the United Kingdom and United States, recreating dramatic episodes in history from the American War of Independence right up to modern day operations in Afghanistan.
The programme includes:
– Over 700 participants, including active combat servicemen and women plus musicians from the Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force and the US Army, and skilled historical American Civil War re-enactors
– Over 100 horses and modern military vehicles
– The only chance to see the legendary Field Gun Race, featuring two crews from Wellington College battling it out in a dramatic, nail-biting contest over the walls and chasms of an unforgiving obstacle course
– The iconic Musical Drive of the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery
– Death-defying stunts from the White Helmets (Royal Corps of Signals Motorcycle Display Team)
– Special appearances from the US Army Drill Team and the US Army Band & Chorus.
For more information, visit the website www.britishmilitarytournament.com